Ponsonby Intermediate – Fire Update

Kia ora Whanau,
Tuesday night’s fire has destroyed two classrooms completely. We were lucky it was not worse, the fire department describe it as a ‘good save’. The fire was caused by a faulty power socket.
The campus is closed to all, due to asbestos. Ward Demolition have taken control of the site. It should be clean within a few days.
The Ministry are working to get two relocatable classrooms in place as soon as possible.  Rebuilding is a long process. We are grateful, former Board of Trustees member, Craig Moller has offered his services to help oversee the rebuild.
A huge thank you for all your positive support. Also, our colleagues at Western Spring College have been amazing.
Regards,
Nick Wilson
Principal
Ponsonby Intermediate School