Guidance Coordinator – Rachel Maitland-Smith
Guidance Coordinator Responsibilities
- Transitioning/Class placement – Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Responsible for Special Need Students.
- All Referral’s to outside agencies (e.g., RTLB, RTLit, RTVision, RTDeaf, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Therapists, Public Health Nurses, Child Youth & Family Services, Psychologists, Truancy Officers, Counsellors, and Moderate Needs Team).
- Oversee the Learning Centre and Learning Assistants Programmes (e.g., timetables, in-school support and professional development).
- Coordinate support for teachers and children with learning and behaviour needs.
- Assist with professional development for staff as required.
- Oversee and facilitate school-wide ‘Positively Ponsonby’ programme to continue to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all students.
Learning Centre – Rachel Maitland-Smith (Guidance Coordinator), Racheal Wilson (Teacher Support), Margaret Hunt (Learning Assistant)
Learning Centre and In-Class support – The Learning Assistants are here to assist children and young people with special education needs who include learners with disabilities, learning difficulties, communication or behavioral difficulties, and sensory or physical impairments. The Learning Centre caters for students who have individual learning requirements. We work with students who need differentiated learning and work in co-operative situations. The Learning Centre caters for the different styles of learning.